Decision making is moving too slowly and unable to keep up with the pace of development. I propose that we turn the MultiSig into an operating council for a six-month period, giving the group authority on basic operational decisions such as budgetary expenditures, protocol grants, and hiring.
The proposed change would allow MultiSig members to make determinations on how to spend a budget, which will be approved by the community. This change would allow operational decisions to be made at a rapid pace for the next six (6) months. During this six-month term, work will be done to design and implement a more decentralized structure for this process, with the goal of handing authority off to a multi-DAO structure.
The motivation for this change is three-fold, focusing on increasing decision-making efficiency in the short term.
- The pace of development is outstripping the pace of operations.
- We need to formalize certain roles and reward contributors for work being done.
- We need a council to fill roles and make determinations on expenditures.
- Formalize MultiSig members as temporary operational council.
- Propose a Y1 budget, to be updated, reported on, and re-approved by the community on a bi-annual schedule.
- Cap budgetary expenditures at $250,000 / month. MultiSig must seek approval if monthly expenditures exceed this.
- Identify DAO consultants to assist with design of and transition to a more decentralized structure by February 1, 2021.
For: Give operational authority to the MultiSig for six (6) months.
Against: No changes, allow community to vote on everything.
EDIT: If you vote no, please suggest better alternatives.
- Yes, empower the MultiSig
- No, find a better solution