How Onchain Proposals are Passed

Please note that anyone can make a proposal.

Here’s how proposals are ratified:

Minimum quorum: More than 20% of yGov (staked yCRV/YFI 98/2 BPT tokens) must vote for a proposal to be able to Pass or Fail.

Agreement Threshold: More than 50% in favor of For or Against for the decision to Pass or Fail.

Starting SoonTM, all proposals will have IPFS text + execution scripts attached to view the description. Extended UI to follow. A veto factor is also being considered for V2.

What changes would you like to see to this? (If any)

32 Likes

Hi, this is less a suggestion but a question - which parts of the DAO are directly enforced onchain post vote?

From first glance, it appears that none of the current proposals are directly enforced, but would like to clarify.

Thank you!

10 Likes

Once voting is concluded Andre will move the decision on-chain. Not ideal but that’s what we have for now.

9 Likes

Is this something that can become automated down the line like what Compound does for their system?

6 Likes

Can you elaborate a bit? They have voting but code changes are still performed by people, right?

7 Likes

As far as I understand it, all COMP governance proposal are required to be submitted in solidity code form that goes into production automatically if it’s passed and meets the quorum

12 Likes

I think it makes sense for anyone to be able to participate in governance regardless of whether they should have developer/engineering capabilities. We should have a quorum instead as well.

8 Likes

Total anarchy. No quorum, no delegation. lmao

6 Likes

There seems to be a problem with quorum in the current implementation. It can be inflated as high as 200% by voting for and against simultaneously. This is something I’d love to see fixed in the future version of the governance contract. Maybe this can be bundled with YFI-only governance if it passes.

6 Likes

For the stake of clarity, also state if proposal withdrawals by proposers would be entertained maybe?

I personally am not in favour of retractions once the proposal is onchain, but discussions are certainly welcomed.

4 Likes

Can we make it easier to find specific proposal descriptions? There are a lot more proposals than descriptions, and I am having trouble sorting out what is legit. I apologise in advance if this has already been answered, and appreciate if someone can point me to it!

6 Likes

There are at least to options to stay up-to-date:

Both are updated simultaneously.

10 Likes

Thank you! That is very helpful… Looks like I had found all the active ones, but I wasn’t sure

7 Likes

As per YIP-12, updated quorum from 33% to 20%.

16 Likes