How we think about Yearn
What Yearn is not
- Yearn is not a company. It does not have a board. There is no CEO, there is no team of managers. There is no room for bureaucrats.
- Yearn does not have investors. There are no VCs, no angels, no SPACs, and no SPVs that are pulling the strings in the background.
- Yearn does not cater to speculators. Pump it, dump it, hedge it, short it, long it, lend it, nobody cares. Yearn is agnostic to price.
- Yearn does not have an official voice. There’s no legal entity, there’s no foundation, no copyright, no patent, no central authority to stamp announcements with official seals from some great leader.
- Yearn is not owed anything from anyone. Contributors come together and work on this project voluntarily. Nobody has authority over anyone else, and nobody owes Yearn anything. Similarly nobody has any right to ask anything from Yearn. You get back what you put in.
What Yearn is
- Yearn is a collective of contributors. There is no difference between “the team” and “the community”, they are one and the same.
- Yearn is equal opportunity. No matter who you are, you are free to use Yearn, and you have the same right and privilege as anyone else.
- Yearn is for builders. Come with your ideas, come with your passion, come with your creativity. Actions speak louder than words.
- Yearn is for self starters. See something that’s broken? Fix it. Don’t ask for permission.
- Yearn is for collaborators. Find others who are like minded, self-organize, and get stuff done.
- Yearn is influenced by merit. Yearn runs on proof of work. Your contributions and commitment to Yearn dictate how much others listen to your voice —not your status, your wealth, or who you’re friends with.
- Yearn is governed by YFI, but YFI does not govern Yearn’s contributors. Holding YFI entitles you to signal for real, practical change that improves Yearn. It doesn’t give you the right to tell other contributors what to do. You want something done? Do it.
- Yearn is constantly evolving. What Yearn is today, may not be what it is tomorrow—what you do after reading this may change Yearn forever. It’s up to you.
Signed: @arcturus, @banteg, @lehnberg, @milkyklim, @tracheopteryx
and @WrongNebula, @undefinedza, @Luciusfang, @Lemiscate, @fameal, @CCLL, @emilianobonassi, @ekius, @alviandimas, @Montyrodgers, @yncredible, @bitcoinduke, @a3b, @nakadaole, @ThisGuy, @bigba_daboom, @cnumber, @ctar, @x48, @papi, @alexander, @Juxx, @miguel567, @Rockmanr, @icontrolthesystem, @Wot_Is_Goin_On, @doug, @lorenaf, @tgrex, @Sam, @globalindian, @mo7dxb, @Vfor, @zudin2007, @Dark, @dudesahn @macarse
Want to be added as a signer? Write
+1 in your comment and we’ll add you to the list.