[Poll] Next Token for yVaults

Summary:

As yVaults are out with USDC, it is time to decide which token should be added next. I’ll start the discussion with

• BNT
  • DAI
  • ETH
  • KNC
  • LEND
  • LINK
  • MKR
  • NMR
  • PNK
  • REN
  • renBTC
  • RLC
  • SNX
  • UBT
  • USDT
  • wBTC

but I’ll collect tokens from comments and kick-off voting tomorrow.

Abstract:

Whichever token wins will be added to https://yearn.finance/vaults first. So, choose wisely.

Motivation:

As of now, only USDC is available in the system but it’s time to get rolling and bring more fees to the system. Remember that we are looking for the best candidate that has decentralization, volume, adequate code base and community.

Poll:

Ref:

5 Likes

I think ren, iexec, unibright, or kleros deserve as much consideration as LINK or SNX.

4 Likes

If we’re looking for mass adoption it has to be $LINK!

4 Likes

Dai, LINK, SNX and wBTC (ideally in that order lol)

10 Likes

Why not just add tokens with higher marketcap first?

4 Likes

Ren is better choose at this moment

7 Likes

Stablecoins arent necessarily a source of untapped liquidity, LINK and weth/wbtc have already been touted because they have immediate conversion potential of users who are seeking yield.

Making BTC > renBTC > yrenBTC and reverse process back to BTC easy is the two step alternative vs the three step centralized signup process.

8 Likes

renBTC will be available on many chains, no KYC…

7 Likes

Ren is the safest best

5 Likes

We have an on-going vote here:

Be sure to vote. Now that the new governance contract is uploaded top 2 choices in this poll can be put on-chain for a formal proposal. Another 12 hours for this poll should be sufficient, since its been going for 3 days. We can move to the next assets following that. Official twitter mentioned only one coin to start, excluding USDC.

1 Like

This is the second one of these that was created that doesn’t contain Eth. Am I missing something. Is there a particular reason why Eth was omitted? I feel like it is the obvious choice, but maybe I’m missing something.

2 Likes

Updated poll includes ETH be sure to vote.

2 Likes

LINK, LEND, KNC and SNX.

1 Like

Dai, eth, usdt and link

1 Like

MKR might be a good choice?

1 Like

I second renBTC for the huge potential liquidity that we could source from BTC.

5 Likes

renBTC because it is trustless and fast, great way to source liquidity from BTC and many other chains in the future

5 Likes

We should be targeting coins that have no native yield and we can provide a good yield on: so yes, wrapped BTC, LINK, stablecoins etc.

SNX already has lots of options to earn yield (just staking it on the platform) so unlikely people will move SNX to yfi from natively staking? Or would the pool automate the collection of rewards… if so I’d move across as there’s high gas fees every week to collect SNX rewards… so it would be a good add. But complications with managing synthetic debt and stuff mean I’m not sure its possible.

I see people suggesting stuff like ren, iexec, unibright etc. but realistically these have comparatively lower volume, value & community so should not be first choices.

1 Like

renBTC please. Need a way to get yield on BTC without risks of wBTC. If that happened I would move over the final lot of ancient cold storage BTC. I am sure many others would.

7 Likes

@franklin My bad, I’ve linked that post but didn’t realize that title and poll inside don’t match.

I keep this thread running to collect sentiment. But overall, seems like LINK will be winner anyways.

1 Like