[POLL] $YFI Inflation & Reward Distribution Policy

I think that this may cause the current price of YFI to go down. I acknowledge that and in many ways that is bad for me (I have fomo’ed in at 3k too). But If we (the community) are going to consider ourselves stewards of the long term interests of the project then the distribution policy of YFI should focus on the long term benefit of that distribution and not the short term price implications. Any decision will alienate some group of holders. It is our responsibility to pick the most sustainable long term strategy. YFI will represent the value of yEarn as a whole and it is my belief that a higher max supply will be beneficial to the overall value, even if painful in the short term for the YFI price. We must be forward thinking.

I agree that yEarn should be able to stand on its own without any more issuance. This is why I am trying to frame the conversation not as one in which we need YFI farming as a crutch, but to use it as a way to help distribute YFI in a way that has not been possible before.. This is the main point in my post here.
Attracting liquidity is a beneficial side effect, but if all the liquidity goes away after the farming stops then the product isn’t worth it and we have just re-created Fcoin.

100% agree. see point above. Also applies to your last paragraph. I want to stress that this is not about creating money or creating some eternal yield farming pyramid scheme, but distributing the token as fairly as possible so everyone who wants to be an owner of yEarn can be an owner of yEarn.

2 Likes