The purpose of this proposal is to adopt as the name of the protocol (this might need more discussion) something relative to the naming convention around it.
- edit YFI
- Y Protocol
- Finance Protocol
Change the branding identity from “Yearn” to a stronger branding identity
Although, yearn.finance already does this for us, the naming convention that is across social media is non-conventional to standardize for sharing content (apart from the $YFI) and doesn’t allow us to leverage the potential of having it as an identity.
- Better indexing
- Stronger branding identity (closely related to all the products that Yearn currently offers or is going to offer)
- Losing some temporary traction until people adopt the new branding identity
- Might not be easy to adopt
- Talk with data aggregators, news sites, etc. and made them change the branding identity across their content
- Adopt an aggregator site for the protocol as a first entry barrier,
example (as the domain is not available):
a) get yprotocol.com
b) create a landing page with a well structured UX to go through the products of yearn
c) generate translations only for that site
Comment: This is also overlapping with another proposal regarding the site UX and this could be added on the same proposal as just to change the branding identity of the protocol.
Context of this comment: (ARCHIVED): New Site UX
Change the branding identity of Yearn
Keep the branding identity as it is
- Yes, change the branding identity
- No, it’s already fine like this