[PROPOSAL] Job Scouters & Strategists Incentives

TL;DR:

• The objective of this program is to attract new biz devs, developers and protocols to integrate Keep3r Network.
  • Establish a 550 $KP3R allocation towards Keep3r V2 adoption.
  • Establish a payout of 1 $KP3R per Job towards Job Scouters.
  • Establish a payout of 10 $KP3R per Job towards Job Strategists.

Background

We at DeFi Wonderland would like to propose a “Scouters & Strategists” incentives program to attract DAO participants to collaborate with the growth of Keep3r’s Keeper Network.

After the successful deployment of Keep3r V2 on mainnet, the protocol requires DAO contributors that actively reach out protocols in order for them to integrate into the network / migrate into the V2.

This program contains 2 profiles to be incentivized:

• Job Scouters (1 $KP3R per job): these entities are in charge of going after protocols and trying to acquire their devops businesses under Keep3r Network, this includes:

• coordinating with the protocol’s team and digesting the necessary info for the strategist.
    • coordinating with the protocol’s team to provide the LPs required for credit mining.
    • coordinating with the strategist for the development of the job.
  • Job Strategists (10 $KP3R per job): these entities are in charge of developing the jobs required for the scouted protocols to integrate into the Network, this includes:

• development of the job’s code.
    • providing the necessary scripts for the protocol’s team to deploy.
    • providing the necessary scripts for Keep3r-CLI.

All the tasks outlined above will have the following requirements for a complete payout to be made:

• Deployed jobs shall be associated to a protocol’s necessity (eg. Yearn’s harvest, Convex’s harvest, Popsicle’s re-balance, etc.).
  • Deployed jobs need to be credit funded.
  • Deployed jobs need to be worked at least 2 times.

All reward decisions, including eligibility for and amounts of the rewards and the manner in which such rewards will be paid, are made at our sole discretion.

The terms and conditions of this Program may be altered at any time.

Job Scouters, Job Strategists and Protocols are allowed to be the same entity (a protocol could come to Keep3r, develop, deploy and run their own job and be rewarded the full 11 $KP3R for doing so, as long as they meet the requirements).

Motivation

Since the launch of Keep3r Network, V1 has seen a decent amount of jobs submitted in the network and fully functional, but the growth at some point started to slow down and nowadays Yearn is currently 90% of the Keeper Network business.

The objective of the program is to incentivize already eager DAO participants to go after protocols and evangelize them about the benefits of having a decentralized network of keepers performing the upkeeps of their protocols (instead of their centralized single point of failure bots).

Specification

Mint 550 $KP3R to the DAO multi-sig which will be handled towards the “Scouters and Strategists” incentives program.

Temperature check

• Yes, I support this proposal.
  • No, I’m against this proposal.

0 voters

Disclosures & additional comments

• DeFi Wonderland holds a significant stake on $KP3R.
  • DeFi Wonderland will not partake on this incentive program, although it will continue to support the participants.
2 Likes

Can it be possible to expose a standard interface like MakerDAO’s Keeper bots, i.e.

pragma solidity ^0.8.9;

interface IJob {
    function getNextJob(bytes32 operator) external returns (bool canExec, address target, bytes memory execPayload);
}

I know us (manifold) and eden network would be interested in providing connectivity and resources if we get the tx flow, msg me on telegram ser

I would like to apply for Job Scouters and Job Strategists all together.
How I can do ? Is there a form to fill in ?

Thanks

This is Mushrooms Finance applying for both Job Scouter and Job Strategist incentives.

Mushrooms Finance has established integrations with Keep3r Network in early days and recently start to work on Keep3rV2 integrations.

Here is the latest Keep3r-CLI compatible job repo (Big Thanks to the guidance/help from wonderful @DeFi_Wonderland team): GitHub - mushroomsforest/keep3r-cli-job

The migration from LP credit with Keep3r V1 to Keep3r V2 is prioritized in our to-do-list as well.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Not sure where we currently are with the implementation on this concept, but I fully support and think that growth in keep3r network should be considered a critical part of the future roadmap for $KP3R governed protocols (ideally forming it’s own growth pillar within a broader strategy)

With this in mind, I was thinking a little about the potential benefits of utilizing collaboration tools that job scouters & strategists would need to make this a success. Although not originally included in the proposal above but something that would likely become more and more critical & therefore worthwhile considering is a colloboration tool that would allow job scouters to record details and info about protocols that might be good candidates for keep3r job registration, including what areas of upkeep may fall inscope, links to documentation/forums, whether a 3rd party service for keepers is currently being utilized vs in-house, etc.

The idea would be that this info can be recorded, along with any other relevant details about how conversations progressed, when they happened, who they happened with, and so on. In this way this could form a similar function to a CRM system but with the ability to assign onwards to the Strategists

Potentially dework could be a simple implementation for something like this, especially since it can be integrated with other solutions

In addition to considering the above, I wanted to request more directly whether in this interim period we could establish a discord group for the express purposes of;

• Identifying candidate protocols to be approached for onboarding to the keep3r network
  • Linking those interested in scouting opportunities with the more technically oriented strategists
  • Creating a dedicated forum for growth opportunities in this area, that is separated from any other Fixed Forex/Keep3r type tasks

This could be established with a small core team, perhaps with some participation from current team resources, a few moderators/admins & then a post within this forum for any interested participants - they could then recieve an invite to the group privately, if accepted. This approach would likely be necessary to keep the group focused in the absence of the official discord and telegram groups being open for comments at the moment. On the upside this could also be expected to accelerate onboarding job registration for v2.

Such a forum could be utilized in first implementation to help outreach to other protocols that currently have jobs listed on v1, and work with them towards prioritizing migration

If successful it could potentially be scaled up to also act as a live forum for onboarding any new resources also intersted in operating in any of the following roles;

• becoming an active keep3r
  • job scouters
  • strategists
  • Admin/Moderators
  • Knowledge base maintainers for onboarding/answering FAQs etc

More than happy to help contribute to these ideas or implmentation further if there is interest, or to take in any feedback on this suggestion

2 Likes

Gigabrain :+1: Love this idea!

1 Like

Cheers dude

I also wonder whether it would be useful to have a gitbook that operates in a similar way to the Yearn Vaults guide which could simply explain the Job and link to any relevant external info (like the CLI, the github page, their site/documentation, etc)

1 Like