We have a new site UX prepared HERE. While the codebase is ready and PR has been submitted in github, let’s create a space for 3+ days of discussion, ideas, new designs and suggestions.
This is an optimization of the current design which adds explanations often requested in community discord and telegram and makes it easier to maximize self serve AUM loads to the system while reducing support overhead.
The dashboard button also links directly to the user’s own zapper.fi dashboard with their wallet address so they can track performance.
This reduces operational overhead and bloat long term by not having to continually update and sync our dash to whatever their latest iteration is.
The Zapper button will soon hopefully point a user directly to a custom version of the Zapper invest page which will show the Yearn products suite for users to 1-click exchange assets directly into a chosen vault.
A custom feature is needed for that and I’ve requested it from the Zapper team and they will get back to me soon on that.
The content in the pull request is designed around Andre’s original development workflow, with all routing the same, so there shouldn’t be anything particularly new in project structure, thereby making it conducive and supportive to the usual rapid pace of development and product releases.
A lot of great feedback has been shared in the previous thread for reference, I’ll summarize points below:
- Make it great, simple, idiot proof and bring everything into one place
- Add governance to it we can add buttons to gov and forum for now and modify gov later
- Upgrade to support more wallets without bugs is needed core function bug, must be fixed by Andre
- Add USD balance display high demand
- Add yearn recycle stablecoins into vault function under beta features filter requires core function change, would appreciate input as people seem to want it
- Change yCRV references to yUSD? pretty sure yCRV is LP token, while yyCRV is rebranded to yUSD, right?
- Change 8-bit look logo to suit the token icon more (arrows/infinity) can suggest a few options
- Support multiple languages with dropdown will use DeepL first as its the best multi lang api for now
- Make table and numbers information visible without needing wallet connect Kyber does something good here
- Make Save / Grow buttons have more focus refer to whyfoo notes in discord
- Off-site buttons made known
- Visual graphics to show strategies in action
- Explanation of buttons on hover
- Make Dashboard button only visible after wallet connected
- Keep blocky flat design and build on that with inspiration from mstable / monolith / ethereal summit / other greatly designed daos personal note, just looked at mstable and its not that good? jm2c
- Centralized knowledge base disagree, lets keep it decentralized and community maintained, however we already pull data from community stats page on this new lander and will extend this further by adding more stats soon
- add the Vault holdings from https://feel-the-yearn.app/ to the Grow tables as a column
** landing page with an explanation
** better navigation and product discovery
** short pages with very few choices and few relevant stats, but always with an explanation text
** dedicated stats page
We can wait a few more days to incorporate more feedback and suggestions from community members, so here is your chance to dial this in! Once feedback is implemented, we will adjust the codebase and re-submit the PR in github, and re-start the vote.
Pull request is at https://github.com/iearn-finance/iearn-finance/pull/68 just needs to be merged to master and it will be live soon after that.
Poll: TBC, will start in 3+ days.