Proposal: the yETH-YFI-BULL strategy

your thinking is spot on, but as I have had painful experienced in the past, this ’ the value is going to be constant because that is how uniswap works’ is more fiction than truth. I have yet to find a convincing explanation for it, but more often than not while pooling two ‘normal’ tokens (ie not one made up scam token and eth) i ended up with less than i had (and not bc both went down in value).

In any case should there not be such issue, I would pose the question how will the strategy compete with arbitrage bots that do what is proposed.

So from my point of view (and I might lack enough knowledge on LPs) we have a a uncertainty simply because of the fact that we’re pooling the assets, and add the fact that the strategy would compete with arb bots whenever the price changes.

Also one important item that I feel wasnt addressed is how is the price determined? One Oracle, several?

In conclusion for me while an interesting idea, this strategy introduces too many variables and adds the real possibility that the deposit could actually lose value, which is why my vote would be negative, at least until yearn decides to push a different line of products that might appeal to a different set of customers (ie more reward & more risk)

1 Like