Host a community call (similar to a corporate shareholder meeting) with the core team with the agenda described in the Specification section. The call will cover state of the protocol, notable recent changes, big upcoming changes, and Q&A from the community (voted on by the community before the meeting). It will be livestreamed.
The community would like an update and overview of the state of the protocol, directly from the core team. This will ensure a healthy relationship between the core team and the community.
I propose the following agenda. I’m also volunteering myself as the moderator.
- When: November 8th, 1:00 UTC
- Total running time 1 hour
- Livestreamed on YouTube
- Welcome & logistics. (where to find recording of the call, official twitter and other links, live tweet hashtag, etc) [moderator]
- What is YFI? Why is YFI special? A short summary and mission statement since this is the first ever community call. [ceo]
- Highlight of recent YIPs. [core team member]
- Highlight of recently shipped changes. [core team member]
- Highlight of important upcoming changes. [core team member]
- Call for YIPs, new hires, etc. [ceo or core team member]
- One last thing… (any surprise announcements) [ceo]
- Closing statements. [ceo]
- Question from the community (voted on by the community before the meeting). [moderator, ceo, core team]
- Logistics. [moderator]
For: Have the community call on the stated date and with the stated agenda above.
Against: Don’t have the community call.