YIP 42: Add RenBTC to yVaults

So I think it’s obvious that I’m generally for BTC being added to the vaults– we’ve talked about this a good bit and as more BTC moves to Ethereum, it only makes sense that we would want to capture some of that value with yearn.

However, my only concern is that we may be trying to add too many vaults all at once, and the team can only do so much. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to add this to the list of vaults to implement, but I just want to discourage people from getting too pushy with the team if it isn’t implemented immediately– we’ve already got a proposal for delegated vaults for eight more Aave offerings, and a current YIP that will certainly pass for the sBTC Curve Pool LP token to be added as well.

So again– this is a great idea, and of course if people will deposit their renBTC this will be great– but I think for now, we should accept that Andre and team will acknowledge that this vault should be built and a strategy developed, but that it may need to wait a while as we get multi-sig and budgetary things moved forward.

8 Likes