Request for "Knowledge Base" howto - learning steps for becoming a strategy writer

Can someone please post and pin in Knowledge Base the exact steps that must be followed by a non-solidity dev who already understands and uses DeFi in order to gain the coding proficiency required for writing a strategy? It needs to be an ELI13 guide with numbered steps, like:

1. do this tutorial
  2. learn this, and do a few small dapps using the newly acquired knowledge
  3. watch this YouTube video
  4. read the code of the already existing strategies

It should be pinned in the Discord too, in the #vaults channel. Or we could create a #defi-coding-school channel there.

Personally, I’d love to write a DAI strategy that farms w/e APY.finance is doing, then sells their token for extra %.

1 Like

@milkyklim has released this recently to help devs get started, but I agree more coordination is needed. I would check out #strategies on discord and also the #dev channel as well for more info right now.

6 Likes

I agree that we should strive to lower the barrier to entry for contributors of yield farming strategies.

2 Likes

I’ll paste here what @x48 answered on Discord (note that you can find the #resources pin in the unofficial-yearn-devs discord):

@Laur check out the #resources pin

1.) do this tutorial
Getting Started Guide Yearn Protocol - HackMD

2.) learn this, and do a few small dapps using the newly acquired knowledge
Yearn Starter Pack: GitHub - yearn/yearn-starter-pack: Starter pack strategy for yearn vaults

3.) watch this YouTube video
ETHOnline Vault Workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gwZk-IaMRs

4.) read the code of the already existing strategies
Protocol Github: GitHub - yearn/yearn-protocol: Yearn smart contracts