ROI on latest spending

Hey Miguel! Long time no see. It’s great to see you here again. Let’s bring some clarity to these topics.

The Blue Pill

As Trach said, the Blue Pill campaign cost was around $60K. From what I saw in your telegram conversation with other members, you might be referring to the YFI sent to long-term contributors. This was long due and was done following the proper process in YIP-61

LexDAO funding

This funding was voted by all of us, YFI holders :large_blue_circle:. You can see the details in YIP-63.

If there’s anything particular that you, or other community members, want to see as an output for this, create a proposal here in the forum. That’s the best way to discuss and share our different ideas in a public way. So all of us can chime in and share our thoughts. One of the things I love about our community is the diversity in opinions and points of view.

I actually had a concern about that proposal and asked in comments here. I want everyone to benefit from this.

Atlantis World Grant

We are all about transparency. So you can find this in YFIStats, you will see there all the details. It’s tagged as Atlantis0x. SPOILER: it was $10K.

The amount was not disclosed because the grant is not about the money, but about supporting builders that can bring positive value to Yearn and the whole ecosystem.

Grants don’t need a governance vote, please check out YIP-61. TL;DR yBudget has the power to create budgets for grants. But, this is not set in stone. If you think that’s not right and it should be different, you have the power, as YFI Holder, to remove that power from yBudget. Just create a proposal and propose a different process for grants, or any other things you think can be done better.

Mea culpa

For the sake of transparency, after your post, I realized I screwed. I led this grant and I didn’t go through the proper process :raising_hand_man: . I’m sorry I didn’t follow the correct approach. I’ll ask yBudget for approval now. If I don’t get it, I’ll give back the full amount to Yearn treasury, no hard feelings.

Let’s continue discussing

I cannot stress enough the importance of discussing this kind of stuff. We don’t want tension around spending. Everything we do, we do it with one objective: make Yearn bigger and better. It’s not only about numba go up, TVL and fees, but also about supporting the ecosystem and the whole community. We want to make a dent, leave a mark. It’s not only investment, it’s also activism (a friend told me that).

We can improve in transparency and a lot of other aspects, and we need you guys for this to happen. I still remember when a community member created YFIStats, and now we are using it for our financials. Huge shoutout to the yBudget team, they take care of all the labeling of transactions.

The info is there, the core team cannot build everything. So feel free to build something new, create a new process and make a YIP, or just reach out to collab so we can improve.

7 Likes