[Strategy] yDai - Leveraged COMP farming - added yUSDC & yUNI

This thread would probably help : Request for "Knowledge Base" howto - learning steps for becoming a strategy writer

Even if Pickle already released this strategy, I still think most people would rather deposit their funds on yearn. Single assets strategies are very much needed in our products range and COMP is a great starting point.

1 Like

Even if Pickle already released this strategy, I still think most people would rather deposit their funds on yearn

Totally agreed

1 Like

I agree yearn should have it too. I highlighted that Pickle already has it and lately has been faster in implementing new vaults (they call them jars)

1 Like

Can’t we just farm pickle jar instead? Earn pickle PLUS comp.

Interesting idea, but currently there is no farm for the Dai Jar.

1 Like

@SamPriestley I’d be glad to collaborate to generate the strategy for Yearn. I was working on similar strategy locally where I was leveraging the entry position of DAI into Compound using flash loans.

Do not hesitate in PM (I cannot as a new user)

What I’m not sure about is whether it’s worth waiting for the v2 vaults or build for v1. Anyone on the yearn dev team able to comment?

1 Like

I’m pushing on discord under #strategies and hope I’ll catch someones attentions…

1 Like

@gingi and I have finished the first draft of the strategy for vaults V1. It can be found here : https://github.com/Grandthrax/YearnStrategies/blob/master/contracts/YearnCompDaiStrat.sol

The strategy is working for normal use but needs some more testing for edge cases before I’d be comfortable going live. Any input would be appreciated.

@gspoosi did you hear any more from the discord?

2 Likes

Info for all tracking this!

Things are moving along:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to have the strategy scan the rates of borrow on all the stable coins and instead of borrowing only dai, borrow the token that is currently cheapest to borrow. (Stables only) . It can still be leveraged in

Hello, the yDai Vault is interesting because it is used together with Maker in the yETH vault.
Strategies which switch between different types of collateral are interesting, but also much more complex. Maybe in the future this will be implemented…

1 Like

you increase risk because of temporal distortions in the peg’s. suppose you lend dai and borrow usdc and for some reason dai drops temporarily to $0.98 and usdc increases to $1.02. screwed.

3 Likes

FYI MakerDAO is going to approve YFI, aUSDC, and cUSDC as collateral.

2 Likes

It’s happening:

1 Like

The beta version of the leveraged COMP farming strategy for DAI using Yearn yVault v2 is live and in beta testing: https://etherscan.io/address/0x9b142c2cdab89941e9dcd0b6c1cf6dea378a8d7c

Please don’t deposit but do look for issues before we scale up. And if you manage to find a way to drain it there’s 500 DAI in there as a reward.

Strategy code here: https://github.com/Grandthrax/yearnv2/blob/master/contracts/YearnDaiCompStratV2.solstategy

BTW the github repo in the Yearn state of the vaults medium article is wrong. That is for vault V1. The deployed one uses vaults V2 and is the one here.

2 Likes