Yearn acquisitions of Pickle, CREAM, COVER, etc

Hi, I am wondering how Yearn is paying for these acquisitions? I assume it is done in YFI tokens but, where are the tokens coming from?

3 Likes

Yearn doesn’t pay for any of the mentioned mergers.

8 Likes

@milkyklim thank you for the response. Then how is it exactly a merger? Is there a swap of protocol tokens? A merger is technically when two entities become one and usually there is an exchange of shares/tokens.

More of a symbiotic partnership. Not a traditional acquisition of talent and assets.

14 Likes

I think it would be best to read each individual announcement to see how the integrations will differ.

It’s also important to note that much of this is yet to be finalized, and how exactly the integration with SushiSwap vs the integration with Pickle will differ could change over time.

I think the easiest way to think of these integrations/mergers/whatever-you-want-to-call-it is Yearn opening up to these protocols, their dev teams, and their communities, and saying “come build with us.” Instead of being focused on how each product can be great on its own, we will now be focused on how each of the parts can be work together to complement each other and eliminate redundant/duplicate work.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.