YIP 30: YFI Inflation Schedule

I was responding to the point raised by @hc.link that 40% inflation will not have a dilutionary yearn’s governance. 40% additional YFI would seem to dilute any current onwer’s voting power unless they increase their ownership in YFI by 40%. If the goal is for all current owners to have the same voting power in 10 years and not add additional YFI holders, then what is the point of the inflation? I am not against some dilution as I wrote in the YIP 31 thread; I would prefer that the project capture the most benefit from the YFI issued that causes that dilution:

This assumes additional distribution of YFI should be through farming rather than purchasing. As mentioned in the quote of myself above, that adds profits to farmers/LPs when that value could be captured by the project instead. In addition, farmers can be provided yield through incentives other than YFI (e.g., aDAI, yCurve, yUSDC). If farmers are interested in more than just the yield and want to hold YFI, then rhey can use those incentives to purchase YFI.

Edited for grammar and for clarity.

1 Like