YIP 47: Release fee rewards

UPD: Set breaker to true indefinitely as per YIP: Release fee rewards.

Summary:

Allow people to claim their rewards right now without any on-going voting.

Abstract:

Multisig will set breaker to true in the governance contract. This will allow people to claim rewards instantly.

Motivation:

With current ethereum gas prices governance migrated to snapshot off-chain voting/signaling. While voting and saving on gas fees voters are unable to claim fee rewards acquired by the protocol.

Specification:

No new code will be deployed. If this proposal passes multisig will set breaker to true in the governance contract.

For: Set breaker to true.

Against: Keep things as they are now.

Poll: Snapshot

22 Likes

I support with an amendment that we set the breaker on this contract indefinitely until the new governance contract is up.

21 Likes

Agreed. Time to release those rewards and buy up YFI. Time is now!

10 Likes

An easy yes vote in my opinion.

As others have stated in previous threads, with no YIPs to vote on we need better ways to claim rewards– and realistically, I’m not sure that we should be tying rewards to voting anyway– but that can be a discussion for the future.

5 Likes

Agreed.
Some people are waiting to claim their rewards to buy more YFI (and to do other things, of course).

This has my for vote.

4 Likes

Agree with the proposal but also as @banteg suggests.

1 Like

yup low hanging fruit

1 Like

Lets do this, I will be voting FOR this proposal

1 Like

Let it be them.
Lots of new stuff to arive soon… YFI vault, gov revamp and possibly a withdraw without voting.
Feels good.

2 Likes

I am for it. Users who stake their YFI should earn rewards in the event there is no voting activity.

Voting is concluded with 94.85% for.

4 Likes