YIP-59: Temporarily extend Multisig empowerment

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to better manage the time on this. I spent a lot of effort on it last year and really didn’t make good enough progress. A lot of other people have put in good work too. I take full responsibility for the delay.

And I stand by the delay. Things don’t always go the way we want and we have to make the best decisions we can. Delaying a few months doesn’t matter in the scope of things. This stuff is critically important for yearn. Our governance needs a ton of work, I felt it was better to wait than rush.

BABY and then the Mint were unexpected and took an absolutely staggering amount of time and energy. Could someone else have taken over on the multisig transition? Sure, literally anyone could permissionlessly. Could I have handed my role on the ongoing effort off to someone else? Yes, but I didn’t want to.

I want to see it through. I think it will take much less than 3 months, but it’s nice to have a safe margin to work in. My plan is to share out an overview of the ideas as a discussion on the forum in the next week or two. Rather than lead with a proposal, I want to write up everything we’ve been thinking and have us all think through it together.

Then we as a community can turn it into a proposal, using similar collaboration system to what we’ve been developing with the mint and website: multiple telegram groups and forum discussions.

To sum up: I’m sorry, sincerely. This delay is on me. I hope to make it up to the yearn community by helping revolutionize DAO governance.

21 Likes