Gitcoin x Yearn Partnership
The idea is simple: to create an official yearn Gitcoin collection for donors to support the development of yearn. Today, there is no easy way to support many of the great yearn initiatives and core contributors via grants. There is too much focus on $YFI and not enough on capitalizing the protocol with adequate resources to fund development. Case in point:
A partnership with Gitcoin, the primary platform for Web3 open-source grants, is highly synergistic for both ecosystems (more on that below). The strongest moat of crypto protocols/networks is human capital. So far, yearn has built one of the strongest communities in DeFi. But we can do more. This partnership helps harness that collective energy. Crucially, it supplements the protocol’s sources of income (i.e., vault fees) with grants; the goal is to have adequate resources to continue to attract the best talent across the board and further grow yearn’s competitive advantage.
Gitcoin is the go-to platform for grants and has been a primary source of funding for many of the leading projects and contributors in the space. The goal of a yearn x Gitcoin partnership is to secure additional sources of funding, create a grant pool for yAcademy, and integrate yGift with Gitcoin.
- Community members want to fund yearn projects but don’t know how. This partnership creates a dedicated and official yearn grants page and becomes a one-stop-shop removing the paradox of choice/complexity of patrons deciding where and how to allocate grants.
- Raise awareness for yearn projects and contributors (developers, strategists, creatives, and other active community contributors) through the Gitcoin platform.
- Formalize the process for yearn contributors to apply for and receive grants.
- Create recurring funding sources for yearn developers, strategists, creatives, and yAcademy graduates
- Benefit from Gitcoin’s grant matching programs.
- Integrate yGift with Gitcoin funding programs. yGift can be an added incentive for patrons to donate to yearn and other open-source efforts. The gamification aspect of yGift NFTs can be quite powerful to incentivize more grant giving. Let’s get to $100M in Gitcoin grants this year!
- Create an official yearn Gitcoin collection.
- Create yearn Grants Council responsible for curating the collection (i.e., recipients) and allocating of grants.
- Explore yGift integration with Gitcoin. It could work as follows: each recipient has a unique yGift. Similarly, donors receive a yGift NFT based on their contribution amount (create tiers/scarce NFTs as an added incentive).
For: Supportive of yearn x Gitcoin partnership
Against: Not supportive
- Yes - partner with Gitcoin
- No - we’re fine as is