New Investor (not user) to Yearn, my feedback:
(1) The “This project is in beta. Use at your own risk” statement would scare 90%+ users away. This is a very responsible statement but if $750m of assets are already in the system and if it is working then it is not really “in beta” mode. This statement is continuously going to drive some shy newcomers away trying this out.
(2) The “These docs are still being worked on” statement would scare 90%+ investors away (not necessarily a bad thing as only the investors who truly understands Yearn would invest, indirectly putting YFI on a stable upward trajectory). Still, a doc would be nice and it is non-technical , so we as a community should write a proper doc, at least explain how Yearn works.
(3) The Yearn project is a Great idea, great execution and great first mover advantage - the best (and only) yield farming protocol out there. TVL jumped 10x within one month and it is rushing to the top on Defi Pulse. Double digit gains on coinsmarketcap everyday for the past 5 days would catch some attention which is good.
(4) Still very early project with a lot of room to grow. Between coming up with some fancy new functions and reinforcing existing functions for the platform to be more secure and user friendly, the latter definitely comes first.
(5) Not enough buzz on social media, and the main site is not like crystal clear what Yearn does. IMO a little bit of marginal additional work would draw in a large user /investor crowd.
Conclusion: This is a great gem yet large part of it is buried underground with zero visibility. Make it clear to the average public users/investors what Yearn does and it will go to $100,000 within 3 months.