This is Andy, head of the DAO product @ Techtree.
- At Techtree we are building a mycelium network of Web3 Talent, helping DAOs hire and monetize on their community’s talent network
- This network is made of individual talent branches i.e. local talent pools
- Every DAO branch owner can set up a talent branch and invite its community members to join
- Talent pool can be shared between communities to increase chances of successful hire
- DAO branch owner can set up bounties for its roles to generate additional revenue for Yearn Finance DAO when a member gets hired
- Techtree ranks talent so DAOs get access to high quality prospects coming from Web3 Communities, Web3 VC Portfolio companies and other DAOs
- Always low cost thanks to decentralized nature, no need for intermediaries
- Get in touch with Andy to have your DAO talent branch up and running
Techtree is a platform, where users can monetize their personal assets such as personal networks, knowledge and reputation by helping other members of trusted networks (such as DAOs, VCs and their portcos, communities) they belong to. Our initial focus is one of key Web3 challenges - hiring. We believe we can scale the workforce of DAOs and Web3 Communities by making it easy for their existing permanent workforce and larger community to refer talent to open positions while getting systemically rewarded.
We are already working with a number of VCs and their portfolio companies as well as Web3 Projects and are excited to pilot the model with top DAOs to help grow their workforce.
- Founding team : Pawel, Stanislas, Laurence
- DAO Head of product : Andy (author of this post, an ex-MakerDAO)
- TechTree is backed by Notion Capital, Frontline Ventures, StakeDAO, Move Capital as well as the ex-CEO of Skype, ex-CTO of Workday, ex-CTO of Nutmeg, co-founder and ex-CFO of Monzo and ex-Head of Sales of Stackoverflow and additional great angel investors.
Techtree started with Bounty Boards - sharable lists of open jobs with corresponding bounties. With a clear reward flow covering referrer, sharer and creator roles in the system.
This summer we introduced a new concept - Talent Branches. Every talent branch is a talent pool of referred talent accessible for its select members e.g. hiring parties in Yearn Finance DAO or its sub-projects. It is a micro-scale double sided market with job-seekers and potential employers getting access to vetted, high quality candidates. The currency is the bounty value.
The most exciting part though is this: by adding a community managed two-way valve between talent branches we can defragment the current hiring market massively reliant on hiring agencies. Talent can now be available locally and globally increasing trust factor of the entire talent ecosystem as members of the talent branch are validated by the community itself.
Here are live examples of a talent branch as seen by the candidate. Values presented there are customisable.
Vetting is now performed manually by Techtree based on CV, GitHub status, source and recommendations, but as time goes, we will steer the product increasingly towards self-sustainability through versatile reputation scoring system.
Here, we assume every community is a talent pool. Even with bear market, many companies, communities and ecosystems are looking to hire.
When a talent branch is created, DAO can invite their community members to join the talent branch. This is possible through applying directly or referring others to generic roles, that the community can customize to fit most represented roles.
Talent can be matched with a job in the community itself or can be made available for other communities allowing DAO to generate revenue stream from bounties.
In this scenario, the hiring parties within the DAO or a portfolio of its projects are able to fill vacancies faster through setting up their talent branch and/or setting up job-specific bounties for talent to get recommended to.
By referring and applying to generic jobs, candidates become readily available to the invited hiring parties in Yearn Finance DAO or its ecosystem. This way, it is much easier for larger communities to successfully map their community members with available jobs while the value in for of bounty reward stays in the ecosystem.
Since Techtree aims to create an ecosystem, where talent can flow across the IT/Web3 space - Yearn Finance DAO talent branch would not only hold talent referred directly there, but also coming from other talent branches - web3 communities, DAOs, VCs and their portfolio companies. This increases chances of hiring and makes the whole hiring market much less fragmented. Needless to say, no middlemen are needed to match talent and jobs any more.
Yearn Finance DAO has an amazing brand and a talented and well networked community in the Web3 space, and as Techtree we can help realize that potential, creating additional bounty revenue and connect members to other Web3 ecosystems including MakerDAO, Inflection VC and many more. The next step for us would be to:
- Present Techtree to the community in more details (during one of the community calls)
- Create Yearn Finance DAO talent branch with community-agreed customizations, a set of generic roles and bounty size
- Start accepting talent in the talent pool
- Actively promote the talent branch throughout Techtree network
- (Optional) Help projects that are currently hiring set up their bounties
Thank you for reading the post.